Monday 14 April 2014

Hacking An Old CCTV Camera


So iv had this old CCTV camera for ages and it looks quite nice but I have never got anything out of it. Well i'm going ghost hunting latter this week (Look at the 1 hour flappy birds special video for details on my channel Halflife390) and night vision and infrared is key to get good footage. IR panels are really expensive so I decided to rip apart this old camera to get the IR LED ring out of it and put it to good use!


Here is the camera opened up.


I opened it up and pulled out the IR ring and light sensor! Got a 9v battery and clip, switch and a couple of wires ad soldered it all together.


Cut some balsa wood to make a frame, hot glued it together and secured everything down with electrical tape.
Finally, I mounted it to a tripod so I now have an IR light tripod to aid in collecting footage. The whole process took about 20 mins. Even quick projects can produce spectacular results!

No comments:

Post a Comment