Saturday 10 March 2018

Lab Build: Work Surfaces & Water Phase 2 - 23/09/17

After giving my specifications to the builders, at long last they returned to fit the work surfaces, possibly the most functionally important part of the lab. For two days, they cut up the wooden work surface I picked out and attached them to the wall as I desired. But where was I during all of this? Not at the lab if that's what you were thinking.

Whilst this was taking place, I was starting University so couldn not witness the installation, let alone use it until at least a few months. Here are some photos I took when I returned for a weekend.






Not only that, but the plumber returned for phase 2, the final phase of the water installation. During this, the sink was fitted along with its corresponding work surface and all the necessary connections with pipes were made. Not only that, but the bottom of the sink area was covered with panels to hide the pipes but also to provide a cupboard for addition storage!

And in all honesty, the sink was much more than I bargained for. At first we had no plans for running water at the lab, then we said a small round sink. From the pictures however, you can see we have a proper full size kitchen sink with 2 actual basins, plugs and even a draining board.







And with that, all infrastructure work was complete, which means no more builders, no more electricians, no more plumbers, no one. The only exception to this is when the slabbing is put down, but that wont take place until summer next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment