Monday 16 April 2018

Washing Machines, Microwaves And CRT's

Over the past 2 or so years, I have slowly accumulated a large collection of electric appliances that I intend to gut for parts. But as the past 2 years have been so busy with college, exams and other projects, I never got round to taking the devices apart. Now that the lab is in order, over Christmas I finally got down to extracting what I needed and getting rid of all thew scrap metal cases which of course, increased storage space again in the lab.

This mass tech genocide involved 3 microwaves, 2 CRT TV's and even 2 whole washing machines. I also took this time to desolder the flyback transformers and other useful components from the CRT circuit boards I obtained many years ago; actually if you scroll back enough through this blog you will find the post where I obtain them =).





So many more useful parts were obtained from these devices: 2 giant AC motors, flyback transformers, relays, synchronous motors, capacitors, tons of reusable wiring and of course, some nice juicy microwave oven transformers! Who's ready for some more high voltage fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment