Sunday 23 April 2017

Old Time Movies

As I'm sure you're all aware by now I'm always on the look out for new items and trinkets to add to my inventory of "stuff"; my latest acquisition is a vintage Elmo 8mm reel to reel movie projector. This and a series of silent movies were sourced from my grandparents old house in a recent clear out and so I decided to take it home. I'm not much of a geek for old tech but I did want to see if I could get it running.

Luckily the thing still worked without a hint of a problem which is quite a surprise considering how old it is. I even learnt a thing or two about how reel to reel works and how to load a film (as this wasn't one of those fancy automatic threading projectors). 

Sorry for the poor quality photos, my camera doesn't quite seem to like the dark...


Observant viewers will notice I don't have a take up reel so I'm using 2 CD's from my old failed Wimshurst machine to act as one instead.









No comments:

Post a Comment